Who are the candidates for taking the NEBOSH IGC?
The NEBOSH IGC is suited for managers,supervisors and safety officers who wish to sharpen their knowledge and skills to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities, no matter what kind of organization they are in. It is also advisable for people who are planning to start a career in health and safety, as there is no requirement for previous knowledge in these areas.
Review Dates: December 11-20, 2019
Exam Date: December 21, 2019
Location: PISTC Pattaya, Thailand
For this batch, we will run the new syllabus for NEBOSH IGC.
The full names of both qualifications have not changed; they are still known as the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. We are using the abbreviations IG for the new qualifications so that we can differentiate them from the current qualifications. This is because the existing and new qualifications (eg, NGC and NG) will be running side-by-side for two years (see the transitional arrangements section for further information).
What are the new NEBOSH IG units called?
– Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
– Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
How many days of review is the new NEBOSH IG?
– For Unit IG1: 4 days
– For Unit IG2: 5 days
What are the entry requirements for NEBOSH IG?
– There are no formal entry requirements BUT we highly recommend to have an introductory courses focused on Occupational Safety and Health such as IOSH & OSHA or NEBOSH HSW
How is the NEBOSH IG assessed?
– For Unit IG1: 45 marks (1 20-mark questions and ten 8-mark questions)
– For Unit IG2: You can only achieve a “Pass or Failed” for the Assessment.
What are the NEBOSH IG Qualification Grades?
– The qualification grade is based on the result from Unit IG1:
• Distinction: 75 marks or higher
• Credit: 65-74 marks
• Pass: 45-64 marks
How long does it take to release the NEBOSH IG results?
– 50 working days. Once NEBOSH issues the result of the second successful unit, the learner will have 20 working days to either: tell NEBOSH in writing that they want to re-sit a SUCCESSFUL unit to improve their grade OR submit an Enquiry About Result (EAR) Policy.
How long can I expect before I receive the certificate?
– 40 working days.
Will you be issuing a new command word document for the NG/IG?
No. Currently, along with the majority of awarding organisations, we use command words derived from Bloom’s Taxonomy. As mentioned in previous communications, both the NG and IG question banks have been checked and updated by the Plain English Campaign. In future we will, therefore, be using common ‘everyday’ language (with its common everyday meaning); therefore, a command word document will no longer be needed. We will, however, be providing worked examples of the new question style.
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety (IOG) is suitable for supervisors, managers, safety representatives and newly qualified health and safety advisors within the oil and gas industries, both within and outside the UK and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to manage oil and gas operational risks effectively. This qualification builds on the understanding already gained by studying the NEBOSH National or International General Certificate.
Who are the candidates for taking the NEBOSH IOG?
The NEBOSH IGC is suited people from all around the world who work in Oil and Gas and the connected industries. Oil and Gas is a hazardous industry. Managers, supervisors, offshore and onshore workers need specialist skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities.